Friday, May 27, 2011

Why I Play the Florida Lottery

I own Tallahassee Grapevine and now that we are getting huge numbers, we might be able to get some advertisers and make some money.

Until then, I invest a dollar or two every week towards my retirement by playing the Florida Lottery. Specifically, the Lotto.

Seriously though... I do buy a ticket for the Lotto every now and then. Someone's gotta win, right?

So when anyone asks me about it, I tell them I am not gambling, I am "buying a conversation"...

So many people have conversations about what they would do if they won the lottery. It gives you a chance to express your dreams. But if they don't actually PLAY the lottery, then the conversation is pretty much moot.

For $1, you get the validity to talk about your dreams, goals, etc if you won the lottery. So I tell people, I am buying a conversation.

I realize the odds are slim. But people have won in the past. So you never know... plus the money, or at least part of it, goes to education - and at least creates a job at the Lottery offices. (Where they are not allowed to play, thus not allowed to dream.)

******

I was on Tallahassee Events Calendar for upcoming events and I noticed there is not much going on this weekend because it is Memorial Day. Next week - on June 3rd, we will have a table at the Business Showcase at University Center Club. It is open to the public and should be a lot of fun. Hope to see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment