Tuesday, May 17, 2011

The Coolest Thing Happened on the Way to The Diamond...

We got comped into World Ballet's Rock the Diamond this past Sunday.  It was a great show and I wrote an article on it HERE.

I wrote and designed the article that Sunday night and posted it on TallahasseeGrapevine.com's blog page. The next day (Monday) was amazing... I got an email from the director of World Ballet letting me know how great the article was. I got a TON of traffic to the article because he shared it with his entire mailing list. I got a bunch of new profile accounts on the site PLUS many new Facebook fans because of it.

But best of all, I got this email:

I am new to the Tallahassee Grapevine.  My first time reading anything on this website was the incredible review for World Ballet's Rock the Diamond performance this past weekend.  First of all, thank you for such an in-depth and well-written review.  I am not only grateful but very impressed!  The writing was top notch!   


That is what makes it all worthwhile! I am guilty of it, too. I know that if I see a work of art or article or song that impresses me, I should write or call or post or do something to acknowledge that person that created it. It would make their day. A lot of times, writers, musicians and artists feel underappreciated and just want to quit - imagine what would happen if they got some "atta boys" now and then? That would keep them going one more day! 


So now I am going to resolve to make sure I let people know when I am impressed with something they've done and I encourage you to follow suit. 


You never know what the ripple effect will be... 

No comments:

Post a Comment